Infrared Thermography Service
At Combat Termite Specialist we will gladly incorporate Infrared Thermography into our services. Infrared is offered as an additional service.
What is Thermography?
Thermography is the use of an infrared measuring instrument such as an infrared camera, to detect and measure the thermal energy emitting from an object. Thermography is employed in many commercial, industrial and military applications to measure thermal activity for a variety of reasons including; research and development, preventative maintenance and building diagnostics. An actual picture of the heat being emitted may be captured and stored via thermography, to document results for reporting and possible corrective action if anomalies are found. Thermal, or infrared energy, is light that is not visible to the unaided human eye due to its short wavelength, but becomes easy to see and capture via thermography. Unlike visible light, in the infrared world, everything with a temperature above absolute zero emits heat. Even very cold objects, like ice cubes, emit infrared. The higher the object’s temperature, the greater the IR radiation emitted. Infrared allows us to see what our eyes cannot, and thermography enables us to measure the temperature being emitted.
- Locate bee hives in walls with precision to lessen needless and expensive exploratory wall removal
- Locate rodent infestations in walls with precision to lessen needless and expensive exploratory wall Removal.
- Aids in Bed Bug, Cockroach, Ants, virtually any insect infestation inspection (to locate infestations accurately) so an accurate elimination service can be performed and to “confirm” success with a post treatment inspection.
- In general locate conditions conducive to infestations such as moisture areas that are unseen.
- Find wood destroying insects and their conducive conditions inside walls where a “visual” inspection can not see.
- Aides in accurate treatments and “confirms” success with a post treatment inspection.